In honor of the upcoming Grand Opening of JLABS @ TMC, Johnson & Johnson Innovation has launched a Quick Fire Challenge to award up to four new game-changing early-stage innovation companies with the use of a bench, workstation and access to the JLABS @ TMC community for one year.
Deadline to apply is January 18, 2016
Winners will be announced on March 2, 2016
See More: http://campaign.jlabs.jnjinnovation.com/
The Snowflake Machine uses random numbers, mathematical algorithms, computer code, and SCIENCE to create well over a billion unique and beautiful snowflakes.
What can I make with the Snowflake Machine?
- Quickly generate 3D-printable snowflakes using a random number seed
- Create snowflake decorations or ornaments of whatever size you like
- Create giant snowflakes with lots of detailed design steps
- Create micro-flakes, if you have an ultra-fine nozzle!
Read More: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1159436
End of Year 3D Printer Special Offers
Promotion Ends December 4, 2015
ProJet 3500 HDMax Bundle Package
Based on MultiJet Printing (MJP) technology, the high-capacity ProJet 3500 HDMax delivers precise, high-definition, plastic parts with true-to-CAD fidelity. Ideal for creating durable, high-definition functional prototype, rapid tooling such as injection molds and casting patterns and end-use parts right in your office.
Purchase the ProJet 3500 HDMax 3D Printer and get the ProJet Finisher & VisiJet M3 Material Starter Kit at no addition cost.
Trade-in and Upgrade to Leading 3D Printing Technology from 3D Systems
Upgrade to leading 3D printing technology by trading in competitor’s 3D printer and receive a credit of up to $30,000.
Is your FDM, PolyJet or DLP 3D printer just not meeting your expectations? Here’s your chance to trade-in your old printer for a brand new 3D printer from 3D Systems. Select from our MultiJet (MJP), ColorJet (CJP) or Stereolithography (SLA) printer lines to see how you can get high precision prototypes for functional testing; full-color, photo-realistic concept models; or highly accurate, smooth finish production quality parts.
Trade up to the latest SLA 3D Printer
Current SLA owners are eligible to trade up and swap out older generation 3DS SLA printers for the latest SLA technology. Get longer life, better accuracy, higher reliability, and faster speeds, all while maintaining the legendary advantages of SLA.
Trade up your previous generation 3D Systems SLA and get a credit of up to $45,000 towards the purchase of a new ProX 800, ProX 950, ProJet 6000 or ProJet 7000.
Autodesk will no longer sell individual products, such as AutoCAD, under “perpetual licensing” terms after January 2016. Starting next January, an annual rental plan — what Autodesk calls a “desktop subscription” — will require you to rent the software in monthly or yearly installments. More comprehensive software suites, where multiple programs are bundled together, are not subject to the new policy yet, but are slated to make the transition in 2017, according to press releases from earlier this year.
See more at: http://www.cadalyst.com/management/autodesk-software-goes-subscription-only-2016-25644#sthash.Y2T7ink9.dpuf
The SolidWorks Community team and MLC CAD Systems are pleased to announce The SolidWorks for Entrepreneurs Program.
The SolidWorks for Entrepreneurs Program will partner innovative designers, incubators and maker spaces in the Houston area with MLC CAD Systems, the local SolidWorks training, technical support, and license provider in Houston.
Sponsorship Application Requirements
- Application (submitted in English only)
- Three references
- A business plan or pitch deck
- Less than $1M in funding for individual entrepreneurs and annual revenue
- Be headquartered in US, Canada, or European Union
- Incorporated/LLC with tax ID number
- New product producing company or incubator/maker space supporting product producing companies
- $200 application fee
90% of all proceeds are given to the Rwandan Girls Scholarship Program
- Applications reviewed in 7-10 business days of submittal.
- Entrepreneur/incubator/maker space contacted by DS SolidWorks to review sponsorship requirements
- Sponsorship agreement signed and SolidWorks software provided to MLC CAD Systems – Houston for new entrepreneur customer.
- SolidWorks software valid for one year.
- Thursday, July 23 – Day 1 of the SolidWorks Entrepreneur Program, check out the website to begin | solidworks.com/SW_EntrepreneurProgram
Contact your Houston SolidWorks Account Manager with questions:
(713) 682-7490 ext.1009
The design of oil and gas products presents many unique challenges. The first step for designers and engineers is to understand how an oil well works and how it is composed..